www.supertalent.com The Official Super Talent Support Forum

Login
FAQ MembersRegister

device cannot be found

CoreStore MP - Desktop, MV-Notebook/Embedded/Netbook

device cannot be found

Postby Genesisfactor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 am

So i fianlly got my corestoremv 64gb drive back from RMA and i tried to clone my old windows 8 partition back on thedrive. It won't boot into windows alone (probably no surprise). Then i add in my second drive, whichhas GRUB. There, it says that the device does not existand that it could not find attribues -c -h -s. I went back into windows 8 using the install disk and tried to repair thedrive. When i did bootrec /RebuildBCD. it sees the OS and after hitting Y or A to add it, it says "requested device cannot be found".

If i do D:, i can see all my files. If i do C:, it can see all my files, but it cannot find BCD (probably because I attempted to rebuild it? I can fixmbr and fixboot.and it says that the operation completed successfully. I cannot rebuild my BCD.

I am also getting winlogin errors. I'd really prefer not having to reinstall everything as it will be highly inconvienient and too disruptive...to say the least.

I am running 2.1.1.2037 firmware and the 2.0.0 bios.
Genesisfactor

Postby SSD-James » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

I don't know what to help.
It seems like you use different kinds of OS and environment.
Fresh install may do good for you.
SSD-James

Postby Genesisfactor » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am

All i really need to know is is there a reliable way to clone a windows installation from a drive to your drive and get it to be found by bootloaders or itself as a boot device. I'm looking at days of reinstalling otherwise...
Genesisfactor

Postby SSD-James » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 pm

It is one of the elements which all of SSD makers need to solve.
There is not much of powerful and compatible cloning tool for SSD.
We normally use the GHOST.

Thanks,
James
SSD-James

Postby Genesisfactor » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:06 am

so if i used dd in linux, there is a chance that i could kill my drive? Are there any important/special sectors in the beginning of the drive that would be a problem if they are overwritten by such tools? I just don't want to have to RMA my drive on a clone...
Genesisfactor

Postby SSD-James » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am

No such sectors in a drive.
You can try dd command.
SSD-James

Return to CoreStore MV/MP