www.supertalent.com The Official Super Talent Support Forum

Login
FAQ MembersRegister

Corestore MV64GB issues on Lenovo w700

CoreStore MP - Desktop, MV-Notebook/Embedded/Netbook

Corestore MV64GB issues on Lenovo w700

Postby mike1010 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 am

I've installed the card on my w700 running Win 7 Pro 64 bit, but I can't get windows to see it. I'm just trying to use it as a data drive. When I start the machine, I get hung up at the Marvell Bios screen. I get the handshaking OK thing, but it says :

System not fully started yet. You'd better keep waiting until this message is dissappeared.

But then it never disappears. I can enter the bios and it shows that the card is running the current 2037 firmware, but the status remains stuck on a blinking INIT and it it says:

There are different types of flsah devices attached, please check hardware.

My main system drive is a Cxxxxxx M4, so I don't know if that's what it's detecting or if something is defective. When I access the Fash section of the bios, everything shows as zero. Defective nand?

I can press the space bar and skip over the bios page and windows will launch as usual, but I can't see the drive anywhere. I've installed the drivers and all seem to have installed fine except for the Marvell storage console, which remains in the other devices collumn as SR64C8M Flash console scsi processor device. When I try to install the driver for this, it tells me windows can't do it.

Other possible incompatibility issues are that I have the intel storage matrix running a RAID 0 storage array, so the drive mode is set to RAID.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
mike1010

Postby SSD-James » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

It looks like you have BIOS problem.
Please set your BIOS as AHCI mode or IDE mode.
Thanks,
James
SSD-James

Postby mike1010 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 pm

So the card won't work if the main bios setting is in RAID mode? That would mean that this product would not work for me as the onboard Raid array is too important for my work.
mike1010

Postby SSD-James » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:52 pm

It may be. Please test it if it works.
If it works, let's try it on RAID mode.
The first thing we need to make sure and verify is: it is working or not.
SSD-James

Postby mike1010 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm having no luck here. The BIOS can be set to either AHCI, RAID, or Compatability. The behavior remains the same no matter what mode. I also tried switching out the M4 (which I believe has a Marvell controller) with an intel ssd, just to make sure there wasn't an issue there, but it still hangs up at the Marvell BIOS saying that there are more than one type of Flash device attached.
mike1010

Postby SSD-James » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:35 am

I am not sure why it causes that issue.
Please return it.
SSD-James

Return to CoreStore MV/MP