www.supertalent.com The Official Super Talent Support Forum

Login
FAQ MembersRegister

Latest CoreStore MV / MP Driver and Firmware / Linux Source

CoreStore MP - Desktop, MV-Notebook/Embedded/Netbook

Postby fuUser » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 am

Well the WWan Card can never work in the WLan slot, because the SIM-Card holder is physically connected to the slot reserved for WWAN.
Maybe it would work with a third party WWan Card, which has a onboard slot or something.

Fortunately I need WWan not very often, so I can easily get by using my phone with WLan or USB Tether. Added benefit is using the same internet connection on all toys I carry around (Kindle, etc)
fuUser

Postby genstorm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:43 am

@ubuntu_juzer: Thanks for your notice, I am less concerned about the actual transfer performance as long as it's stellar compared to the HDD, the SSD is also about latency (and there it is in a whole different universe). I prefer the SLC solution mainly because it seems to be more elegant, consuming less energy and retaining stable performance regardless of the number of cells packed together and filled space. Also, it would only seem appropriate since there already is 4GB SLC cache memory hiding inside the Momentus XT. :)

What kernel version are you booting the SSD with?

EDIT: The Marvell UMI driver already made it into the current Linux merge window so it is heading for 3.2! :)
genstorm

Postby ubuntu_juzer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:20 pm

@fuUser: thanks for the info, the tricky thing with the sim i did not know. yet, i don't plan to move the wwan in the final setup, just put the corestore into slot 1, and and atheros ar5 into the third, half slot.

having mobile net on the phone is an option of course, i also have it set up as a backup. but in a roaming situation (here in Europe) you are getting along much cheaper with some local prepaid sim-only solution, which is a no-go if you use the phone... so it makes still some sense to fix this somehow.

@genstorm: i'm using 2.6.32-31-generic-phc, but it's actually easy to get the module built and included in the initrd. this is a solid kernel with very little consumption, so i'll stick with thsi for a while.

btw: 32g (and a more affordable 16g) slc is out. maybe it's only me who did not see this so far.
ubuntu_juzer

Postby Betz74 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi

I have a 16gb CoreStore MV which I want to install Solaris 11 on

The board I am using is the WADE 8011
http://www.portwell.com/products/detail ... =wade-8011

I can see the card in the bios and load windows or linux without issue but Solaris 11 will not see the SSD

Any chance of a Solaris/Unix driver?
Betz74

Postby SSD-James » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Marvell does not support that OS.
Sorry about it.
SSD-James

Previous

Return to CoreStore MV/MP