www.supertalent.com The Official Super Talent Support Forum

Login
FAQ MembersRegister

MasterDrive EX2 compatibility with IDE ThinkPads

2.5" PATA/IDE MLC SSD

MasterDrive EX2 compatibility with IDE ThinkPads

Postby manray » Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 am

I bought a MasterDrive EX2 64GB for my Lenovo ThinkPad T43p, but can't get the laptop to recognize it. The BIOS does not seem to have any settings for drive compatibility except for disabling DMA, which is described as a back-compatibility setting for certain pre-2004 hard drives. I also have an older IBM ThinkPad T30, which DOES recognize the MasterDrive, allows me to partition it, format it, assign a drive letter and even boot from it. But back on the T43p, the SSD formatted on the T30 shows up as Disk 0 in Microsoft DISKPART, but the system does not recognize any partitions, volumes or drive letters -- nor will it let me create any.

This is not operating-system related, as I've been booting both systems from the same BartPE rescue disc before attempting these drive partitions, etc.

Am I missing something? Do I need to exchange the Masterdrive EX2 for a DuraDrive?
manray

Postby SSD-James » Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 am

Yes, pleaes exchange it with Dura drive.
Master Drive EX2 is very old one so we do not have tracking record.
SSD-James

Postby manray » Sun May 13, 2012 5:21 am

I bought a Dura drive ET2 (FHM64GW25H) and got it working in my T43p ThinkPad. I put the MasterDrive EX2 back into my T30 ThinkPad and it's working there. Thanks for the advice! :)
manray

Return to MasterDrive EX2